PDA

View Full Version : newb! question - join polyline then fillet

pdlefief
10th Apr 2006, 08:19 pm
I have a vba macro that creates a number of smaller rectangular polylines inside of a larger rectangle in a zigzag pattern. These rectangles have intersecting lines in certain places. I want all of these rectangles to join along their intersecting lines into one object(polyline) that I can fillet. I am having trouble with the joining and the fillet. I have read that doing a fillet in vba is not possible, If that is so, is there a lisp routine that can fillet all the corners at once? If i can not join these rectangles, is there another way to trace their perimeter. I have tried doing a hatch of all the rectangles, but i can't convert the hatch back to a polyline. please help me!

CarlB
10th Apr 2006, 08:21 pm
Will the "boundary" command help you create the desired polyline?

pdlefief
10th Apr 2006, 08:38 pm
Will the "boundary" command help you create the desired polyline?

Boundary asks me to pick internal points and when i finish, creates the same rectangles as i began with. I want the entire perimeter. Am I missing something in the boundary command? I'm using Acad 2002.

pdlefief
10th Apr 2006, 08:54 pm
since I only have to fillet one of the corners on each of the smaller rectangles, perhaps it'd be best if i didn't even join them, but just during my creation macro either created the polyline rectangles with a fillet or arc representing the fillet initially. How does one specify a shape with 4 sides and an arc on one of the corners as a closed polyline? Right now i'm using coordinates to create the lwpolyline. I'd like to keep the coordinate way of creating these shapes because they are relatively located based on user input...

pdlefief
10th Apr 2006, 09:32 pm
ok, can't believe i didn't figure this out faster... select all rectangles, convert all to regions, union them, explode them, pedit: join them, fillet: poly. then hatch to make it pretty. Anyone know how to do a selection of items based on coordinates in vba?