_MAPIMPORT Icon

Alistair

Hello,

I'm using Map 3d 2012 and trying to insert a shortcut icon(panel) into the INSERT tab on the UI Ribbon for the _MAPIMPORT function. I can't find the function in the list of commands, but the function is available if I type it into the command bar.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Many thanks for any help.

Hi Murph,

Thanks for your reply. I can't find the Maintenance commands section, could you point me in the right direction.

Also, can you tell me how to keep the Express Tools tab permanently on the Ribbon?

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Alistair.

Hello Murph,

Thanks for your reply. I don't appear to have the Maintenance commands in my command list. This might be a Map 3D 2012 peculiarity; alternatively, the program possibly didn't load correctly at installation. Can you shed any light on this anomily?

Thanks, Alistair

The screen shot is from a 2012 version of MAP3D, when you start Map3D right after it loads use press the F2 key, look for any thing like Customized file loaded unsuccessfully. If there's one or more you may need to try a repair install.

I've restarted AutoCAD and pressed F12. ACAD, CUSTOM and EXPRESS all say they've loaded successfully. An image is shown below. I'd be greatful for any further help you can give me.

F2Capture.JPG

Are you using AutoCAD MAP3D or just AutoCAD. That image shows you are not loading any of the MAP3D files. If you are using MAP3D you should try the repair from the windows control panel.

Well, I've repaired the program and get the same problem. I notice on your screen shot you have a couple of standard workspaces that do not appear on my program. It's possible when I installed the program originally I used settings from an earlier version of AutoCAD. Could this be causing the problem? Will I need to uninstall the program and reload it?

Hello Murph,

All is well with the world...a problem occurs when you migrate settings from an earlier version during the inital installation. To cure this I ran the 'reset settings to default' feature found in the AutoCAD Map 3D program file (accessed from Start, All Programs, Autodesk, etc).

Many thanks for sticking with me and your help; I'll be able to find the icon now (I think), but I'm likely to be back for more help in the future...

Alistair

I used settings from an earlier version of AutoCAD. Could this be causing the problem? Will I need to uninstall the program and reload it?

Maybe, I NEVER migate or use settings from an old version to install. After I know the install works I might load the old settings later but for the first install I leave everything as it is right out of the box. You can try the reinstall after you do a clean uninstall.