Mid Between Two Points Shortcut

nicolas

Hi,

I have been folowing number of google links on this issue namely a shortcut for activating the Mid Between Two Points or M2P/MTP without success. So far aliasedit is of no use and there is no OSmode for Mid Between Two Points, likewise none for FROM.

Regards,

Nicolas.

Hi,

Thanks for the links. Still, I have been unable to do this seemingly easy task of creating a shortcut key as in cui|keyboard shortcuts there are

1. shortcut keys

2. Temporary Override keys

And when I right click shortcut keys, I get "New Temporary Override"

Also, there is no M2P or MTP in all commands list.

M2P Shortcut.jpg

Regards,

Nicolas

M2P or MTP is a command modifier not a command in of of itself. That's why if you were to type MTP at the command line (assuming it was a command) AutoCAD returns "Unknown command".

MTP

Locates the midpoint between two points.

Hi,

Thank for responding. With that in mind, what should I do?

I know it's no command and for this reason we can't create an alias for it. By the way a three-character long command modifier can be considered an alias by itself. The fact that so many has succeed in applying m2p to F1 or other keyboard key means that there is a possibility of making thing even easier than Shift-Right Click and choosing M2P, especially that I use this command numerous times daily.

Regards,

Nicolas.

Shift key + right mouse button won't work for you? It is pretty quick to execute. Or type MTP at the command line after starting a command.

Hi Bigal,

I believe I am missing something ... I can't get it working. Here is a pic of my CUI as I created a command mp, paste your code and apply it to a toolbar called TNM.

Cui_mtp_02.jpg

Edited by nicolas
Wrong Pics