Troubles with View/vports setup for sheet space

visionn

Hey there, I'm working on elevations and i'm just wondering how can i capture views to put in sheet space. I tried hitting V and created a camera shot of each individual elevation but it never turns out as the the shot i wanted.. It comes up with all 4 elevations, rather than the specific elevation that i highlighted. I want to do this so i can do the vports thing on sheet space and setup 4 model space in the sheet and show each elevation seperately.

Thanks in advance, Andrew.

When you are setting up those camera shots it sounds like you need to select the BOUNDARY DEFINE WINDOW option in the view manager window.

I would suggest you do it this way. If all you want to show are the 4 views which are already shown in your viewports in modelspace it will be really easy.

Starting in paperspace.

VPORTS> Enter

This will open your display viewports dialog (see the attachment)

If you choose the four equal layout you will get 4 viewports like in the other attachment. You can make changes to suit desired visualstyle

You should put your viewports on a layer for them exclusively and give it a name like vports or mview, and set it TO NOT PRINT in your layer properties manager.

Now that you have 4 viewports you can size them accordingly, move them around your sheet, zoom them if need be.

I have not shown my drawing sheet which would also be in paperspace, and contain the viewports, after sizing them. When you are happy with your viewports

and scales, LOCK your viewports, so they stay how you want them.

You could also do this one at a time. Open your VIEWPORTS toolbar and take a look at the options available there.

Hope that helps.

modelspace 4 viewports.jpg

viewport display dialog.jpg

Hey,

okay i created four:equal viewports but now i'm having trouble putting each elevation in the boxes. I've done this once and i remember in your second photo there is a drop down box called curent under "change view to:, I remember having North, South, East and West under that drop down list and simply selected each elevation to be specified seperately in each of the boxes.

I did what you said and made four equal viewports but they are all showing the same picture, a floorplan with elevations around it.

Thanks in advance, Andrew

P.S how do i lock my viewports?

Change the viewport setup to 3D then click into the change view to drop down menu and choose the perspective from the list there after clicking into each one of the viewports to activate it. When you are finished you probably want to save the configuration by giving it a name, so you can access it easily another time. To lock a viewport you can just select it, then in your right click shortcut menu you can lock it.

I have taken these screen shots on Autocad Vanilla, not architecture, your dropdown probably lists compass points, but this should give you the idea. Save on the named viewports tab for future use.You can also space your viewports with the viewport spacing option, or as previously stated move, stretch and resize them to suit.

here you go viewports.JPG

hmm, it's not working out because i don't have any perspective drawings under the change view drop down menu. I've tried to make my 4 views typing V in modelspace, clicking new, Define view window, highlight the image i want and click ok. That's correct in making a view right? What happens when I do that is it comes up as all of the drawings not just that specific one i highlighted..

Sounds like you forgot to change from 2D to 3D inside the red circle viewport setup.

I thought you already had your views in modelspace?

If not you can use the same VPORTS command to set them up. Start the VPORTS command from your modelspace. Just select 4 equal in your new viewport dialog box.

architecture viewports.jpg

Edited by Dadgad