Settings

idboi83

I'm new to Autocad Architecture 2012, also new on here. Hello everyone:). My questions are as follows: How can I draw a straight line without that protractor shaped dotted line following my cursor making it lag and also not snap correctly to the next line? Also, I have noticed that I can't set my user interface to auto cad classic settings. There seems to be no option for it in workspace settings. Please help.

It might be either Polar Tracking or Object Snap Tracking can't recall but there should be a button for both in the tray at the both left-hand side of your screen.

Re: AutoCAD Classic in Arch 2012. This is the advice Steve Johnson gave someone with a similar question.

Copy the AA2012 shortcut and modify that copy to load the AutoCAD profile by placing the following at the end of the Target string: /p "AutoCAD"

• 3 months later...

Welcome to the forum.

If you type DSETTINGS into the command line, choose the DYNAMIC INPUT tab and uncheck 'Enable dimension input where possible', it should solve your first issue.

(I'm using 2011, but I'm sure the generic commands are still there).

I have no problems with Dynamic input and Polar Tracking slowing my machine.

What are your computer and graphics card specifications?