Dimension Re-Associate

nicolas

Hi,

Following replacement of blocks in quite a large drawing, the dimensions lose associativity and each time I have to re run or altogether forgot to use DRE or dimensionreassociate. Is there a quick fix to this problem?

Regards,

Nicolas.

Incorporate using DRE into your standard operating procedure for closing drawings. For instance.....use it right before you PURGE and AUDIT your drawing. May not be necessary, but better safe than sorry, if you have a habit of forgetting to do it. Also a good idea to select all of your dimensions either in your quick properties palette or with QSELECT and make sure that they are all associative before you do that.

hi,

I have tried to run dre with a number of linear dimensions and through the points shown seemed accurate, the associate property remains no at the end of the procedure.

How do you incorporate dre for closing drawing? an acaddoc.lsp equivalent?

dre multiple dim.dwg

Regards,

I apologize. I assumed that would work, but I just tried it on your drawing, and see that you are correct. I don't use associative dimensions myself. Still a dark science to me.

I just tried again, and it seems that every object to which you wish to reassociate the dimensions needs to be selected one at a time with those relevant dimensions. When you really think about it, it makes sense. So much for the convenience of associative dimensions. :huh:

No doubt ReMark, or another user of associative dimensions will know how to do it correctly. There must be a way.