Toolbars

DSD1937

I am using ACAD2004. The toolbar properties manager shows all elements in layer 0 but on the working area the color and line type, line weight selections are not present. Any ideas?

Attach example file here

I would not use layer 0 (unless for special cases).

I would have a template with all settings set in advance of beginning.

Not really sure what you are describing.

Attach example file here.

When I open the Layer Properties Manager, only layer 0 is listed. When I oper ACAD 2004 the the only selection showing is the one with thefreeze/ lock etc. The color and line selections are missing.

Ahhhh...we now have more useful information. You are actually talking about the Layer Properties Manager and not the Properties toolbar.

How many layers are supposed to be in the drawing that you opened?

Could the columns you are looking for (color, linetype, etc.) just be condensed? Did you try right-clicking on the column for Freeze/Thaw and selecting "Maximize all columns"?

AutoCAD 2004? Is this a new installation?

When did the problem first occur?

I did not open an existing drawing-only a new empty working area.

I did try to expand the display with no success

It is not a new install. I've used it for years. The color/line width etc selections have disappeared with the last startup.

Just like that they disappeared? You went to bed last night and everything was fine but this morning you open AutoCAD and it is all fouled up?

You weren't attempting any customization were you?

Did you try powering down the computer then restarting from scratch?

Although I may have done something inadvertently, I can only say that upon opening the program that those selections were missing. I use them frequently. I don't think that some evil force is at work. I did try a restart with no luck. My lack of knowledge is obvious.

A restart of AutoCAD or of the computer itself? Just want to be clear here.

You safest course of action would be to do a REPAIR of the installation. That is not the same as an uninstall / reinstall. We have not reached that point just yet.

I don't have 2004, but I made a video with 2005. Hopefully it helps, or at least helps identify if the problem is with a toolbar, or the Layer Properties Manager.

Video -->