Sweep w/guide surface on compound curved panel

dshowalt

I have a compound curved panel to be made. I wish to add a raised rib around the inside edge of the panel for reinforcement. Something likea 3 inch wide and .75 inch high. I haave drawn an example panel and have created a survface to use to create an intersection for a 3D sketch for the path. Now I am stumped as to how to create the profile to sweep that will follow both the 3D sketch and the surface. When I use a default plane (x,z) I cannot project edges to use for the profile I want.

I didn't see any attempt to make the rib?

My guess is that you will want to project a line or curve onto the part as a 3D sketch.

Then start a new Workplane and select the end of the projected curve and the projected curve to create a workplane perpendicular to the start of the curve.

I tried that. Created a 2D sketch and extruded the curve to create a surface. Used the intersecting surfaces to create a 3D sketch. created a workplane as advised but still could not project edge of plate to use in creating profile sketch. Used the "slice Graphic and then "Projevt Cut Edge" to get edge to use for bottom siide of profile sketch. Had to adjust width of Profile curve and Radius of 3D Schetch corners to make sweep w/guide surface work. Finally got it to work.

DoorRev.zip