symbols not printing

Kemphas

When i insert symbol's such as ohm and other's the entire text box that its in ends up getting screwed up saying "Cannot find or creat the font 'ArialMT'. Some characters may not display or print correctly.

i know that means i dont have the font... but really why does auto cad not have standard font types for these symbols?

Suggestions, tricks?

Ok, but here is the problem with this...

Option 1 - 10...

1. Makes you pay for it.

2. If its in alphabetical its not on the website, and redirects you to sites that charge

3. Re Directs back to the same website

4. is an email chain???

5. is a wikepedia page, no help in getting the file.

6. Doesnt have anything for you but says "Dont Despise your donation; its to important for us." well if its so important i should just whip out my wallet and save little babies lives.

7. another page of 8 links to getting this done (most on the original)

8. Wants you to sign up and get a subscription.

9. Already been on this MAC forum, its no help.

10. Makes you look at fat people gigling there belly for 10 minutes before you get to download and than its corrupt or not the right file format according to windows

WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE!!!!!

Did you all have to buy this font or do you use a different font for + - symbols / and Ohm Symbols and other degree symbols?

Edited by SLW210

Did you get one of these drawings from an outside source?

AutoCAD is looking for the font because it was used in one of the drawings. Since it has checked for but not found the font it responds with the annoying message.

I suppose you could try and fool it by making a copy of one of the Arial fonts that ships with Windows and rename it to ArialMT and see if AutoCAD takes the bait. An old DOS trick.

I didnt think i used Fowl Language SLW210. Sorry though i suppose.

Arial MT is the default I guess if you just go off the quick list or maybe its most recent.

I am using BellMT in the Charachter Map and its working

Again it doesn't make sense that... When I print the Single Page it works fine and opens in Adobe as if it can find the font... and when I BATCH plot is the only time it screws up...

Are you plotting to PDF? You failed to mention that. Might be an Adobe problem.

Why are you using a character map? Select the @ in MTEXT Editor and Ohm.

How are you batch plotting?

Yes, you used fowl language.

Yes Batch Plotting to PDF.

I used the charachter map to use a different Text Type finding ohm and +- just under different text profiles... The "@" while editing an MTEXT is what is screwing up..

You could check your pc3 file under custom properties & tick capture all under font handling, but if you can print one ok it may not be that still you never know.

Yes Batch Plotting to PDF.

I used the charachter map to use a different Text Type finding ohm and +- just under different text profiles... The "@" while editing an MTEXT is what is screwing up..

Are you using the DWGtoPDF.pc3 or a third party PDF plotter?

It doesn't give me an option all I have is Publish to: PDF, DWF, DWFx or Plotter Named in Page Setup.

Which kind of brings up an interesting point, if i do this batch plot publish it prints everything to the lower left corner... however, if i print using CUTE PDF (single page) just by hitting CTRL+P it prints in center as it should, i don't have X - Y Offsets...

Looks like you have many options. Publish to PDF would use the DWG to PDF.pc3 unless another is set to default, AFAIK.

Couldn't tell you about the offset without looking at your page setups, setting etc. If CutePDF works just use that. I use Plotter Named in Page Setup and set up the pages to be published that way, usually.

Sounds to me like you need to look into Sheet Set Manager.