Animating a screw rotation

CAnnondale

Hi Guys,

I was trying to make the screw to rotate while moving forward/backward. How am I going to do it?

I have read in Autodesk Discussion Group while searching the net this reply, and was wondering if it is really required to do it. Or there is another approach to achieve the result I wanted to do.

To make the screw rotate during a translation movement, you need another trigger to do that. I do not think the screw can rotate by itself based on how Inventor asembly constraints work. The solution is to create a piggy-back part.

Once again thank you for any help exerted on this matter.

BTW, did make some search on tutorials on how to do it but the videos does not really help me to figure it out.

Female Insert.zip

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32748[/ATTACH]First thing I would do is fix the thread before worrying about animations.

Hi JD,

Thanks, I will do that.:)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32748[/ATTACH]First thing I would do is fix the thread before worrying about animations.

Hi JD,

Here is the modified threaded screw. This is the best that I can think of doing it.

Basically, what I really wanted to know is how to make the screw rotate and move forward/backward to show it to my boss how it is going to be assembled on the other assembly.

The rotation is ok already but, the moving is not.

Male-Female Inserts Assembly.zip