View / Positional Representations in Weldment?

Bishop

Okay, so first off let me just say a couple things:

1. I know that Positional Representations are disabled when working with a weldment.

2. No, unfortunately I cannot attach my files because the information is still proprietary and we haven't gotten this product to market yet.

Okay, so now the problem / question:

I have an assembly which I have turned into a weldment. It is made up of about 10 individual components, plus 2 sub-assemblies. All the individual components are welded together, and the sub-assembly housings are also welded to the base part of the weldment.

The sub-assemblies are identical, and have a single moving part each, which is a cover that flips up to access a lock underneath. I have separate drawings that show the sub-assembly, and it is shown there with the cover open and closed.

HOWEVER, the placement of these sub-assemblies is critical, with respect to how far the covers can open. This is limited by a feature of the base part of the weldment. I would like to show the sub-assemblies on the drawings for the weldment, one with cover open, the other with the cover closed.

Is there a way to do this, short of creating a second set of parts with the cover open? That'll screw up my BOM and add extra files, and I'd like to do this as painlessly as possible ...