numbering the object

nad

I have a drawings with thousands of similar object (in triangular or square pattern).

now I need each one with a particular number in sequence i.e 1, 2, 3 and so on. could someone help me out there please

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• nad

• eldon

• BIGAL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like Remark search for numbering "points" it would be pretty easy to change the program to search for a particular block.

A question though are your triangles and squares "blocks" or plines if they are made up of lines then it will be extremely difficult to label as you will end up with 3 labels for a triangle.

Now could someone guide me how to get those numbered circles coordinates of x and y in excel sheet, again I need your detailed guidance as I had tried many but not successful yet.

The problem as I see it now is how does AutoCAD know which number goes with what circle? Had the circles been a block with the number as a field or an attribute it would the task much easier.

The stone columns are being used to support a concrete slab?

Edited by ReMark

Soil improvement. I see. Kind of like a geopier (a drilled cavity filled with crushed stone then densified via a hydraulic ram)?

Reply with an appropriate lisp? I'll certainly try. What will you be doing in the meantime?

Not in the way you and I would normally think of them (like the wood or steel type) but yeah. Used to support footings and reinforce soil and fill.

Well, I've found a couple of lisp programs that will give the user a list of coordinates but what I haven't found is one that will also associate the number (which is just plain text) with the circle it is in or near. One of the programming gurus will have to come up with a solution for that.

I know that it is easy to be wise after the event, but if all those numbers had been justified Middle Centre at the centre of the circle, then everything could have been done with Data Extraction instead of trying to find another lisp.

Refresh my memory. And how does that give the OP the number of the circle he is retrieving the coordinates of? Wouldn't it just show an entry for a text object but not the actual text? Grasshopper awaits enlightenment. LOL

I have never used Data Extraction, but from reading, you can extract entities and various properties. I presume that the insertion point and the actual text value are available data to extract, hence my thoughts that if the number were to be placed usefully with the correct justification, all could be well :unsure:

I also await enlightenment from someone who has actually used data extraction seriously.

I've used it in the past but for the life of me I can't recall exactly what the output was. That's why I asked you!:shock:

Then I guess I'll wait right along side you for that enlightenment too. :)

eldon: You were right. Data extraction will provide a whole host of information including Center X, Center Y, Center Z and something called Value which I assume is the number that resides within the circle (if that is the way the drawing were set up).

You sir are the wise and enlightened one (but not "Him" - don't want to get anyone mad at us) of the day! Congrats.

Oops.

The Center outputs are for the circle. There is a Position output for the text. One would have to match them up accordingly which is all well and good for three circles but a bit more time consuming for hundreds.

DataExtract.jpg