Scale

lyngo

I have imported a ISO Shipping container but the scale is to large. How can I scale it down to architecture setting standard not metric. When I try to use the scale option all it does is makes it larger? I have not search yet do to time restrictions. Thank you for your help?:)

The shipping container was drawn in metric units but you are working in imperial units?

Scale works both ways. If you wanted to scale something to half its size you would use a scale factor of 0.5 right?

I imported the dwg through the as reference option here I could set the import scale. problem is I can not work with the object, I think. But when Import it as a block it does not give me the same options to scale. All I know is it was done in a later version then autocad 2011 for Mac. Any help?

Why must I have to ask twice?

The shipping container was drawn in metric units but you are working in imperial units?

Post the DWG file. Someone here will take a look at it and tell you how to solve your problem.

Insert it as a block. Then select it and start properties, there you will be able to change the scale for x, y, and z. OR after inserted use SCALE command, if it was drawn in mm then 1"=25.4mm so scale it using the reference option of SCALE, there you will enter 24.5 for the reference length, and then 1 for the new length.