Layout,model

MemberX

I have change the orientation of my layout,the whole drawing is out of page ,How to set it?

Are you referring to the Page Setup? If so use the command PAGESETUP and create a 'page setup' there.

Without a clearer statement of the problem, I'm just guessing.

If the model has moved in model space, you will either have to adjust the viewport to enclose it, or delete the viewport and create a new one.

When you get your viewports lined up again, make sure you lock them, which is always a good idea.

Or if as ScribbleJ suggests, you are trying to preview your drawing before printing you will need to have a page setup specified.

Can you use the UNDO command and back up to before you messed it up? Or perhaps use a .BAK file?

To lock the viewport; either activate the viewport (as you have done in the file attached or select it) click on the the Lock Symbol in the lower right of your screen. (See image below.)

Capture.PNG

To deactivate the viewport double click outside of the viewport or type in PS.

Problem i that when I put table of name plate and adjusting it whole drawing is disturbed.If I adjust drawing then name plate is moved from position from correct position.

I don't quite understand what you mean by this statement. What part of the drawing is 'disturbed'? And what do you mean by 'adjust drawing'?

Drawing1.dwgWhile adjusting drawing in layout ,my name plate(table) is moved from its original position.Also I wanted to know while changing orientation of the page drawing area crossed the paper size.

I don't have drawing,jut to how example.......

Your first drawing shows the Titleblock ("name plate" I assume) in Paperspace, which is correct. If you need to move the viewport on the paper, make sure you select the viewport AND the titleblock, and move them together.

[video=youtube;vz2R-QyANXM]

Please do yourself, and those of us who are trying to assist you, a big favor and make use of layers. Having everything on layer "0" is not good CAD practice.

Your viewport should be on its own layer and that layer should be assigned a distinctive color so it can be easily recognized. The layer should also be set to "no print" in your Layer Properties Manager.

Your titleblock and border should go on their own layer and you should have a layer for text, dimensions, and at least one for your model space objects.

All of this can be prearranged in a custom template that can be used each and every time a new drawing is started so you won't have to recreate the wheel time and time again.

Your template should also include any text styles you frequently use, linetypes, and dimension styles, etc.

By the way, what happened to Layout1? Did you delete it?

You have at least one line sitting right over the top of a second line which is about half the length.

You have a Table object in your drawing that I would also assign to its own layer (or perhaps the Text layer). What were you planning to do with the table?

Edited by ReMark

thank you nestly.But you have shown example of landscape to potrate.But if I want to change it to potrate to landscape then I have to adjust it to according to page using blue grip points or Is there any other method by which it will get adjust automatically.

First adjust your paper orientation to landscape (via the Page Setup Manager). Then you can go back into your drawing and adjust your viewport to fit within the limits of the area that will print (i.e. - the dashed lines around the perimeter of your drawing).

Are you going to follow any of my previous suggestions?

MemberX, you are going about this backwards. You should create your border and title block first with considerations to the margins (the space between the border and edge of the paper) to the size you need. Once that is done then use Page Setup Manager to setup the parameters for your page. (i.e. Printer/Plotter, Plot Style Table, Plot Area, Drawing Orientation, etc.) As long as you don't have any thing hanging outside of your border use Extents as your Plot Area and check the Center the Plot box in Plot offset.

Once you have the parameters setup in the Page Setup Manager, double click on that setup in and it will make it active for the layout your viewing at the time.

ReMark, my first guess is this guy doesn't even understand or have a grasp on the basics and is winging it.

thank you nestly.But you have shown example of landscape to potrate.But if I want to change it to potrate to landscape then I have to adjust it to according to page using blue grip points or Is there any other method by which it will get adjust automatically.

Yeah, don't use grips to move/rotate multiple objects, window them and use the MOVE or ROTATE command so they all move together.

Yeah, don't use grips to move/rotate multiple objects, window them and use the MOVE or ROTATE command so they all move together.

Thanks nastly :),I knew that I can rotate it,I thought it might have some direct method.

First adjust your paper orientation to landscape (via the Page Setup Manager). Then you can go back into your drawing and adjust your viewport to fit within the limits of the area that will print (i.e. - the dashed lines around the perimeter of your drawing).

Calm down why are you getting angry.I didn't understood your layer method.

For every drawing I have to make layers.

Scribble j:"ReMark, my first guess is this guy doesn't even understand or have a grasp on the basics and is winging it."

I am a GIRL.:D :o :x :? :oops:

No one is angry. It was a simple question.

What don't you understand about my layer method? Basically what I am recommending is that if you are going to do the same type of drawings on a regular basis then it just makes sense to create a standard template (DWT) that already has some of the layers set up in it. Just about everyone needs a layer for text, dimensions and their title block and border. Architectural drawings may need layers for foundations, walls and roofs. Some layers are always going to be standard.

Are you familiar with AutoCAD drawing template files? Yes or No?

Personally it makes no difference to me if you are a "he", a "she" or an "it". My advice is not based on your gender.

Creating a template file tutorial....http://www.we-r-here.com/cad/tutorials/level_4/4-1.htm

Edited by ReMark

^Yes I have understood making layout and transferring drawing mode to layout as previously explained by nestly.

I know how to make layers for each thing ,walls,door windows etc.But for layout making layer for each drawing,then I again I have to adjust it as per the layout page.I think its better to make template.

Remark

I don't know I might have misunderstood you ,but I have been observing that you are using rude language against me from previous threads or you don't like if I'm posting some query.

Scribble j:"ReMark, my first guess is this guy doesn't even understand or have a grasp on the basics and is winging it."

I am a GIRL.:D :o :x :? :oops:

My mistake. But to be honest there was no way for me to know that when I replied.

Just keep in mind that the members here are very helpful. ReMark was just trying to help you out so that your job as a drafter/designer/CAD Tech will be more efficient in the future. I truly do not think ReMark had any malicious intents at all in explaining that to you.

To be on the safe side assume that someone is NOT angry with you unless it is absolutely implied in the words that are being used. It is very easy to make this mistake especially since emotions are not usually conveyed through text. Please feel comfortable here. :D You are in good company here and we want only to help you succeed and deal with the problems you will inevitably encounter with CAD software.