3 view, is there a way to show properties?

car_ramrod

I created a 3d model and was able to transfer it to show the drawing 3view without a problem. My question is if its possible to show properties of the model (mass, volume,...) On the 3view page. I though there was a way, but its been a few years since ive taken the class and i havent been able to find it.

Any help is appreciated!

If you work on solids, you may try the massprop command. It works for regions as well but not surfaces.

**edit** ...sorry I got lost; I thought this was the AutoCAD section... :/

Edited by fahim108
Zzz...!!

Yes, you can do it.

For myself, I have a sketch block set up in my template that contains some basic information that's drawn from the iProperties of the model or assembly that I'm working with. I put a text box in that sketch symbol, then just insert it into the drawing as needed.

You can pick where the properties get drawn from with the pulldown menu that says (here) Properties-Model. You can change that to several different sources, then under the Property pulldown, pick which one to use. The button next to Precision, the one with an X and an arrow pointing down, will insert that property into your text box.

One thing to note, though: the mass property that comes through uses lb-mass as a unit, which none of my customers want to see, so I set up a custom iProperty in the model for the weight, and just round it to whatever is appropriate.

properties sketch block.jpg

think i got it.

i pulled up iproperties in the 3d-> physical->hit clipboard

then in the drawing made a text box and pasted the props.

thanks for the help!

You need to do it the way Bishop described or it will not update when your model changes. The way he described, it will updated automatically.