Which version? 32Bit or 64Bit?

nowikovs12

Hello guys,

I have a feeling that I have installed 32 bit version Autocad instead of 64 bit version. On my C drive I have two program files, one is normal - program files, the other is - program files(x86) which I beleave stands for 32 bit versions.

I checked the folder, and there was also 3ds max, but when I lounche this program it shows at the top, x64 bit version. How can I check this on Autocad? thank you.

If you loaded a 32-bit version of AutoCAD on a 64-bit machine wouldn't it show up as being installed in the Programs(x86) folder? That would make the most sense.

Are you sure that you are on a 64 bit system? From your description it sounds like perhaps you are on a 32 bit system. I am inclined to agree with ReMark's assessment.

Your input about 3DMax makes me think you may not be on a 64 bit system.

The fact that the OP would have two Program Files folders leads me to believe his computer is 64-bit. I have the same scenario on my 64-bit (home) computer which has 32-bit versions of 2004 and 2007 as well as 64-bit versions of 2010 and 2011.

I wrote this a while ago, as we work in a mixed version environment (both 32-Bit, and 64-Bit):

(defun _64Bit-p  ()
 ;; © RenderMan, 2011
[color=seagreen]  ;; Returns T if version is 64-Bit
 ;; Example: (if (_64bit-p) "64-Bit" "32-Bit")[/color]
 (vl-load-com)
 (if (vl-string-search "64" (getenv "PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE"))
   T
   nil))

I initially implemented this in our code which loads MDITab's .ARX files, as ObjectARX is both database and environment specific.

HTH

Hello guys, thanks for your replys, I just checked my PC to make sure, yes it is running 64 bit windows 7 Ultimate, it also reeds more then 4 GB RAM.

ReMark, yes it doe's show up in the (x86) folder, but why does 3ds max? if it is 64 bit? thanks

RenderMan I pasted the Code in command line and the final line stated 64bit-p, so I beleve this means it's 64 bit Autocad, thank you for your quick replys everyone!

What version of 3ds Max do you have? It is 2012 or is it something older?

Could have have mistakenly overridden the default location and specified the Program Files(x86) folder?

RenderMan I pasted the Code in command line and the final line stated 64bit-p, so I beleve this means it's 64 bit Autocad, thank you for your quick replys everyone!

For clarification, pasting the code at the command line and hitting Enter, does not invoke the command. The command line returned "_64BIT-P" as that is the symbol that has just been loaded into memory. This only means that the symbol (the function) has been defined, and can now be invoked.

To invoke the function enter this at the command line, and hit enter:

(_64BIT-P)

HTH

Hi ReMark, I have the 2012 3ds max version :) Most likely the file it has been mistakenly overridden, like you mentioned. RenderMan, I copied the code in autocad, it comes up with error - ; error: no function definition: _64BIT-P. I apologise for this

RenderMan, I copied the code in autocad, it comes up with error - ; error: no function definition: _64BIT-P. I apologise for this

No apologies needed; this is simply a matter of user error.

Copying and pasting the complete function loads the LISP routine into that drawing's memory, invoking the function as shown here actually makes the function 'do something'. Again, this is a routine intended to be called from within other LISP routines, so you may not be familiar with calling a function in this manor (if at all). It's really quite simple once you get the hang of it.

In any event, hopefully that makes more sense now.

Good luck!

Hello RenderMan, no disrispect, by not working, I ment the lack of my experience :) I thought it is as easy as just copying in the comand line, but thank you ever so much for your time and help :) I will look up some tutorials

Thanks for the links :) I just looked up at Lees tutorials in terms of how to upload the LISP codes, I found the ready file here http://cadtips.cadalyst.com/lisp-code-modules/detect-autocad-type - I then entered the appload comand, navigated to this code, but nothing happened. Or maybe I am missing something.

I just can;t get my head around how do you apply this coding, because I have seen so many times in this forum, guys just paste some codes, and others take it from there.