Dimensioning right angles

Jodles

Hi!

Is there a way to have AutoCAD use the "right angle symbol" instead of showing 90 degrees when it measures right angles?

I looked in the documentation for it, but could not find anything...

Thanks!

Jodles

I think it may be possible to create a dimstyle, but I think it would take some really creative programming to have AutoCAD automatically use the right angle symbol for 90 degrees while using a regular angular dimension for all others.

;)General Notes #43.2 - Any Angle not otherwise labeled is assumend to be 90 degrees.

+1 on this one. I thought that was a universal standard.

+1 on this one. I thought that was a universal standard.

It pretty much is, I think. It's been a long time since I did any mechanical, though. I wonder what the field dudes would say if I dimensioned all the right angles in the architectural plans.

It pretty much is, I think. It's been a long time since I did any mechanical, though. I wonder what the field dudes would say if I dimensioned all the right angles in the architectural plans.

They'd probably show up at your office with a rope.