twisted flat bar

Zoli

Welcome to the forum, Zoli.

While I am not well-versed on Inventor...I was able to create a twisted flat bar in ACAD with a twisted sweep. Does Inventor include a similar routine (SWEEP along a straight path with a TWIST?)

twisted sweep.pdf

Best to Sweep along a Coil...

In this case I made a profile on the XY axis

and Swept along a coil on the Z

[ATTACH]32966[/ATTACH]

KC

I would like to know if the same thing can be done within an assembly between two flat segments using LOFT or SWEEP routines?

Twisted  Flatbar.jpg

Welcome to the forum, Zoli.

While I am not well-versed on Inventor...I was able to create a twisted flat bar in ACAD with a twisted sweep. Does Inventor include a similar routine (SWEEP along a straight path with a TWIST?)

[ATTACH]32965[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the help, I managed to do it in Inventor.

I would like to know if the same thing can be done within an assembly between two flat segments using LOFT or SWEEP routines?

Well, I would say no if you have Pre-2010 Inventor. Newer versions allow part creation within the assembly. You can still however, measure your assembled parts and create your twisted part, import into your assembly, and constrain. This will do the same thing basically.

Thanks a lot for yours suggestions. I undestood the problem concerning the part creation & assembly....

Sorry but I come back with the question:

-Can we make a twisted model using LOFT or SWEEP tools in Part Modeling?

Thanks in advance.