Application options not visable

wanabdrummer

Installed autocad 2012 c/w Inventor fusion. Inventor opens and works except there is no options in the application icon. There seems to be no way of choosing file type when opening new or save as . I have tried to repair and i have uninstalled and reinstalled. Installed as a stand alone complete with service pack 3. Is it me or inventor ? Some help on this would really be appriciated. Thanks to all that read this and hopfully reply to.

Inventor Fusion is not Inventor. You only have one file type in Inventor Fusion.

Mine shows lots of file types. First image is Open and second image is Save As.

no way of choosing file type when opening new or save as[/b]

OP states........ Seems clear to me. We just need to find what is the cause of having NO options.

This user is probably referrring to IPT' date=' IAM, IPN, [b']DWG[/b], IDW which are Inventor file types. Hard to say without OP clarification.

There is still more than ONE file type in Inventor Fusion. Doesn't really matter what file type, if there are NO Options, that would be the problem.

There is only one file type in Fusion. DWG. The import and export options are the only things that are changed here. When opening a new file there is only DWG. For someone that only has 12 posts, I would want a clarification.

Also, this user just posted on another board that did ask the reason why there is no IPT, IAM, IPN, etc. The OP is mistaking Fusion for Inventor.

sorrey if I sound confused on this issue, I am very new to autocad and inventor. company I work for has asked me to use autocad mep 2012 for duct detailing, the install came with Inventor fusion. I assumed this was inventor. What your telling me is?? it is not. can i do sheet metal layout with fusion. this still doesn't explain the no options.can I find it somewhere else? HELP

If your company bought the Ultimate Building Design Suite then you have the tool you are looking for: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=16406616&siteID=123112

If not, then you need to look into actually getting Inventor (not the FREE Inventor Fusion). Fusion is not going to do the Sheet Metal you want.

The options was explained by SLW210 already. If you cannot see these options when you use the OPEN or SAVE AS commands then you have an install problem. If you are clicking NEW and do not see the options, then this is normal. Fusion will always start a new file with DWG file type.

....company I work for has asked me to use

I would also ask the company to fund your training. As a rule of thumb - I recommend budgeting an amount for training equal to the cost of the seat of software.

This is professional software and deserves (requires?) a professional level of preparation.

(Would you walk in to a barber shop and have someone with no training cut your hair? What about auto repair shop? Even my haircutter has to be certified by the state to have completed some minimum level of training.)