I don't get it. >.< (perspective views)

Mike G

I am learning myself some autocad. I found a series of drawings to practice the perspective views. I found most of them, but i'm having some problems with 3 of those (2,5 actually).

The perspective order is :

Front view === LEFT side view

=

=

=

Top view

1) Front and left side were given, complete the top view + draw solid.

=> I found this one but i'm not really sure.

2) Front and left side were given, complete the top view + draw solid.

3) Front and top view were given, complete the left side view + draw solid.

74018006.png

44596025.png

80373604.png

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Mike G

• rkent

• bill_borec

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't believe there is sufficient information to complete any of these tasks with any certainty. 1 looks ok but it could be drawn differently. 2 is defiantly wrong but I can't work it out. 3 looks correct doesn't make any sense. Could someone solve this for Mike as I would like to know the answers as well.

I'm glad that i'm not the only one that find these drawings weird :?

Nr 1 can indeed be drawed differently. As for number 2 and 3, I can't finish the sides without altering the given lines.. It just doesn't make sense...

The drawings could be wrong?

What is the source of the drawings? Are there any missing dimensions? I'm assuming objects in the top left corner of each black rectangle are the top views with the front views shown directly below them or did you reverse the views?

What is the source of the drawings? Are there any missing dimensions? I'm assuming objects in the top left corner of each black rectangle are the top views with the front views shown directly below them or did you reverse the views?

Top left = Front view

Bottom left = Top view

Top right = LEFT side view

I just double checked my sizes and dimensions and it's all correctly copied over as in the book.

If you got these tutorials of the web could you post the link so I can have a look.

The source is from a book I bought, but it has no solutions.

The European view layout, I don't understand why, but apparently that is how it is done on the other side of the pond. Six of one, half a dozen of the other, but the logic escapes me.

It's really not their fault, they have to, the steering wheel is on the wrong side! :beer:

Clearly there are those misguided souls on board who will point out that it is actually on the right side.

I am slightly (very) confused...are the top two views (front and left) the given? and your solution is the bottom two views? or are all 4 views given and you need to recreate/duplicate?

I got one identical to ReMark's for the 3rd.

I am slightly (very) confused...are the top two views (front and left) the given? and your solution is the bottom two views? or are all 4 views given and you need to recreate/duplicate?

I got one identical to ReMark's for the 3rd.

For the 3rd:

The 2 views on the left are given (front and top view) + the outline of the one on the right (left side view)

It should be something like that, only that the front side is flipped.

sbjx2p.png

The one of the left is your drawing, the one on the right is what I need.

I fudged a little and got one to work for number 2.

BTW, these are Front, Left, Top and SW Iso views.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33148[/ATTACH]

For this one you changed the outline of the top view, wich was given. You also need to to add two invisible lines to left side view, wich was also given completely.

I don't think you may add or change something that was given. Maybe the original excercise was wrong from the start..

Okay, back to my original question...regarding the original posted sketch...of the 4 views shown for each problem, what is given by the book? And what are we supposed to do? i.e. are all 4 views given in the book? and we simply recreate? or have you made the attempt with the 3d view?

Okay, back to my original question...regarding the original posted sketch...of the 4 views shown for each problem, what is given by the book? And what are we supposed to do? i.e. are all 4 views given in the book? and we simply recreate? or have you made the attempt with the 3d view?

These are exact copies of those in the book.

1sta.png

2ndjo.png

In the first one you need to complete the left side view.

In the second one you need to complete the top view.

In both the excercises the outline of the view you need to complete is also given. (I don't know if you can change this freely or not)

You also aren't allowed to add or remove lines inside views that are given.

Afterwards you need to make the "3d" drawing for both excercises.