Metric drawing

annahaslam

I've opened the appropriate metric drawing to create new, have confirmed the units through drawing utilities, and plot. For some reason, each time I enter even one first line in the requested mm's, I cannot get it to fit into view, and surely not scale. Am I missing something simple?

My metric Mfg template dwg opens with a 650 mm wide drawing area with about 630 +- mm from zero at the left to the right edge of the screen. Did you place the line with coordinates from the command line or with the cursor? If with coordinates with any starting point of +400 x +600 or so mm, it will be off screen and you will have to zoom out (extents) to see it. If you put the line many meters off of the origin at 0,0, then it may very well be quite tiny on the screen after zooming extents.