Retaining wall

MemberX

Try rotating your crosshairs using the SNAPANG command. Please. Then you can use the ARRAY command.

Note: The center of your rebar is not located on the slanted line representing your vertical piece of rebar. Just thought you should know.

Suggestion: I would have either created a block for my rebar or used the DONUT command so the center of the bar could be picked/placed accurately.

There are several ways of getting to the same solution. I would use Measure with a block.

But using a Donut would be easier than using an area of solid hatch.

Reinf.jpg

The default is hollow but if you substitute 0.00 for the inside diameter it closes the hole. In other words, it is no longer a "donut".

Recreate your rebar as a block. Then use the MEASURE command as eldon instructed you to do. Please and thank you.

Does AutoCAD 2011 ARRAY command have a "Path" option? 2012 has it. Makes doing an array at something other than rectangular or circular pretty easy.

There are several ways of getting to the same solution. I would use Measure with a block.

But using a Donut would be easier than using an area of solid hatch.

eldon I used donut but how to measure distance using block?

what to write in the name of block.

Block name = rebar sect or just plain rebar.

eldon has left the building. You're stuck with me. Lucky you.

Command: MEASURE

Select object to measure:

Specify length of segment or [block]: B

Enter name of block to insert: REBAR

Align block with object? [Yes/No] : Y

Specify length of segment: .4

no array path in 2011, but I did write a routine to do it for us....I also need rebar all over the place....

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?64844-Array-along-arc-spline-pline-etc.&p=442778#post442778

additionally, attaced is one just for two point straight line arrays....

You don't have to make blocks for these either. Just pick drawing objects....or blocks if you wish.

hope it helps a bit.

ARRAY-2-PT.lsp

Thanks rickh for the info re: 2011 and the Array > Path option.

I'm sure others will benefit from your lisp routine but I'm not sure if the OP will be one of them at this time.

No. Use APPLOAD to load the lisp routine and use ARRAY2P to call the routine. It's right there in the code after defun c:

You did open the code right? Yes or No?

I only realized now that 'donut' is an actual AutoCad command, here I was all this time thinking people were just calling the rebar 'donuts' and that it must be an American thing lol.

That is a decent sized retaining wall.