Hatch not working

silk

I have a huge problem. Hatch is not showing up on my drawing anymore. I use hatch command, pick area, pattern, color, scale etc and then when I press enter or preview nothing happens. Hatch works on my layouts though but not in model view.

Before all that happened, AutoCAD crashed and stopped working so I had to force close it.

What do I do now? How can I make hatch work again?

I'm using AC 2010 mac version.

Might your modelspace be displaying a saved view, which is typically inclusive of a layer snapshot? If so, then you can go into your view dialog box, select the view, and UPDATE, which will change the layer snapshot to your current layer settings. That or you can just uncheck the save later snapshot. Hope that helps, otherwise you may have your hatches on a viewport frozen layer.

Layer isn't frozen, I checked that already. Now I found that hatch is not working in only some areas (for example if I'm drawing a house, hatch works in kitchen and living room but not in bathroom or hallway). I don't get any error messages or these little red circles, it just doesn't do anything. Also I can't use custom colors, AutoCAD freezes every time.

Yes, I have. In other drawings hatch is kind of working. I can pick whatever area and hatch is visible, but I still can't choose any custom colors (using basic red, green, blue etc seems to be ok so far).

Layer isn't frozen, I checked that already. Now I found that hatch is not working in only some areas (for example if I'm drawing a house, hatch works in kitchen and living room but not in bathroom or hallway). I don't get any error messages or these little red circles, it just doesn't do anything. Also I can't use custom colors, AutoCAD freezes every time.

I suggested that you might be working on a VIEWPORT FROZEN layer, not a FROZEN layer. They are not the same thing. Are the areas where you cannot hatch in their own, or the same viewport?

Or are they in the same viewport in which you are able to hatch other areas (kitchen and living room).

Are you using a solid hatch? I ask because you say you can't use custom colors.

Post a copy of the drawing. That would help immensely. As JDM would say, "We're working in a graphical environment why aren't we using the graphics to solve the problem?"