Viewports Breaklines dimensions

sam_dubya

Hello everyone,

I have a viewport with two loading bays about 50m apart. I want to use a higher scale to make it more visible but wont fit on the page. I have seen this before but unsure as to how to do it, I want to put a breakline in the viewport so the scale can be bigger but have the same dimension distance.

Any suggestions Thanks

Sam

Are you saying you want to cut out the middle portion of the display area and squeeze the two ends together to fit them on one sheet, or remove some of the 50m area?

The only thing I could think to accomplish this is using two viewports. Show one end of the display area in each viewport and size them to cut out the middle. Assuming your modelspace drawing is true scale, if you place a dimension on the area in modelspace it will show the true measurement in the viewport. You'll just have to make sure the dimension text shows up in one of the viewports and not in the middle portion that is removed. I would then draw a breakline on each viewport in paperspace to show the cut limits between the two.