angle measurment in autocad

helpme

hi all please help me i really cant understand the angle measurement in autocad if i draw 2 line in 90 deg and click on rotate tool chose one line end point and if i type 48 degree the line move but when i check the angle it says 44 whyyy can some help me in this please

I'm running 2012 right now and tried to duplicate your problem but I couldn't. It works perfect for me each and every time. Maybe you had a back pick point. Or maybe you thought you drew the two lines at 90 deg but didn't.

You really don't need a tutorial per se.

You start the ROTATE command and make sure your pick point is at the end of the line you are rotating.

Did you make any changes in the UNITS window re: angles, direction or precision?

When you pick the end of the line did you use an OSnap?

here is the image file please see this and third image i typed 48 deg but it shows 42. this is what confusing me i use rotate comand and chose the end point of the line.

angle.jpg

I am not sure why you are confused. The screen shots show the angle between two lines, not the angle that has been turned.

If you have two lines at an angle of 90°, and rotate one line by 48°, then the angle now between the lines is (90° - 48°) = 42° :D

eldon explained what was happening when you posted the image in post #6. I'm not sure what else needs to be explained.

What are you trying to accomplish?

I'm still trying to determine if it is the resultant angle between the two lines the OP is interested in or the angle of the line itself. Either way I think you (nestly) and eldon have covered both. I don't see what else there is to say here.