Need Help loading AutoCAD on MAC!!

tek

Read the right side of this page

http://usa.autodesk.com/products/mac-compatible-products

I doubt you can still activate an ancient release like 2000, but then I don't recall how it was activated back then.

Students of any age anywhere in the world can download 2012 for free here http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity

I assume your Mac is 64-bit and you will run a 64-bit OS and 64-bit version of AutoCAD.

AutoCAD 2000 came with a serial number and either a CD-key or authorization code I believe on a label attached to the CD case. There was no online authorization back then.

Also, AutoCAD 2000 will be 32-bit. Even if you tried loading it on a PC you might have problems with it. I imagine trying to run it on an iMac will be even more difficult if not impossible. BTW, don't expect Express Tools to work because that code was 16-bit.

JD Mather

I just tried replying to you. I explained my situation in length and I think I lost it! Timed out or whatever. I am GREEN at this. I was actually asking what the best approach would be to using AC on a Mac - Parallels, Fusion or Boot Camp? By the way, I am also from Williamsport! Graduated from Wmsport High in 1962. You now know how old. Thanks again

I haven't used MAC (although I love them) in a few years. I know that some folks have had good luck using Boot Camp, although these days Autocad is being designed and offered for MAC, so that information, while historically accurate may not represent best practice these days.

Having just looked at the link in JD Mather's post, it appears that Autodesk suggests using Parallels Desktop 7 over Boot Camp.

I am also from Williamsport! Graduated from Wmsport High in 1962. You now know how old. Thanks again

Oh..... a Yankeee ;) I graduated just north of the state line from y'all back in 74, then moved south to be a damn yankeee. :twisted: