How to complete the figure? (One of the very first drawings)

Pzi

Hello.

So I'm basically three steps away from completing my work.

ownm.png

As you can see it is indeed very simple and primitive, but I am still not able to finish it :(

The thing is:

Black tangent arc has a radius of 130.

Green tangent arc has a radius of 20.

Blue circle has an unknown radius...

So how should I complete it?

Thanks!

P.S. Full drawing I need to clone is located at given.png

Right you are Nestly (As usual), the dimension would have been given otherwise and there are no thicknesses on this drawing. How could they make the bosses and joiner plates without knowing this? From what I can see there are at least 3 or 4 different thicknesses.

You have a point, but I was really only referring to the missing dimensions on that view of the part. I would expect there should be at least one other view with thickness and offset dimension.

Edited by nestly

"Blue circle has an unknown radius..."

And how were you expecting people to solve for this unknown? Guess?

We would be only too happy to help you with your problem but leaving information out is like trying to complete a jigsaw puzzle that is missing pieces.

I think the OP is asking whether the radius can be obtained from the existing dimensions. My opinion is that it can't be solved without making certain assumptions.

Thanks again for such high quality responses! I really appreciate it.

I had a clue that there is not enough information to recreate the drawing (in other words the project is flawed), but, since it's my first individual assignment, I felt the need to ask some other people.

Now I can rest assured knowing it's indeed the case!

Are there any other views where that missing dimension may be found. Is it an assignment for a class/course?

There are no other views.

Honestly you guys provided more than enough insights :)

At this very moment mathematicians (including myself), younger IT students and other people are taking this course - number of attendees is in triple digits. To prevent cheating they have to come up with quite a few different drawings which naturally results in a loss of quality... Besides if I had to guess I'd say that students attending advanced courses at some point are given assignments to create assignments for beginners, he he.