Weird AUTOCAD resolution problem.

frank87

I'm having a weird resolution problem with TRUE VIEW and AUTOCAD 2012.

I'm using Windows 7 ultimate 32 bits, i have a graphics card with 1900 x 1200 resolution.

As you can see below, the upper horizontal control pannel appears too big by comparaison with the workplace, and it's resolution is too poor.

The same thing happens with True view 2012.

Any idea how to fix this ?

autocad2012.gif

trueview.gif

I've said it's windows ultimate, 32 bits, AMD 2.8 Ghz, 2 Go DDR2 memory, Ge force graphic card x16, MSI motherboard

The configuration is 4 years old.

Autocad 2007 is displayed correctly.

1st make sure Acad 2012 is using hardware acceleration. I don't think this is it but check it anyway. Type "op" and then go to the System tab and then select Performance Setting and then select Manual Tune under Hardware and Performance Tuning. Make sure Enable Hardware Acceleration is checked.

2nd I would make sure I have updated graphics drivers. Honestly your screen pic does not look like 1900x1200 resolution.

Good luck

I have a five year old Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS and a 1080p wide screen.

I downloaded a new driver from the Nvidia mfg website today. The update is only about 2 weeks old and it has made a world of difference. Even my desktop icons are crisper.

If you have automatic updates set to work, you may have been hit with a new driver recently. Maybe it needs to be set up or tweaked again in the Nvidia control panel.

Edited by Dana W
faaaat fingers

Can't believe I found an answer to this. The funny thing is I was looking for an answer to a totally different question.

It is under the heading AutoCAD 2012: AutoCAD framework issues when running at high DPI scaling.

Solution 1.

Autodesk 2012 products may exhibit these issues on systems where the screen scaling is set to 150%. You can work around this by setting the screen resolution of your system to 96 DPI (or 100%

Solution 2.

An alternative method is to right-click on the AutoCAD icon, select the Properties settings, and select the option to "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings."

I found this through the AutoDesk Exchange and it references the AutoDesk Knowledge Base with a publish date of 2011-05-18.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33490[/ATTACH]

Look familiar?

:shock:

Many thanks, i will try it in a few days, as i'm away from this machine at the moment.

All the others measures proposed, as updating the graphics card driver or enabling hardware acceleration gave no results.

8)

:D

It worked as a charm !

I greatly encourage other people having the same issue to use Solution 2, as the display scale will be much better than option 1.

(right-click on the AutoCAD.exe icon inside the program files folder, select "Properties", select "compatibility" tab and check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.")

Thanks again from your help, everyone !

This site rocks .;)

• 1 year later...

Hi ReMark

I have exactly the same problem, so was pretty happy to find your post. This option for me is greyed out though....

Autocad properties db.jpg

any idea how to get it to be not so?

Thanks

CN2

Maybe you don't have admin rights to your own computer.

What version of Win7 are you running? Home Edition? Pro? Ultimate? Other?