Inventor Studio: Is it possible to animate an object, besides a spring, stretching?

numberOCD

Hi,

I'm trying to show a band stretch in Studio and am not sure how to do it. I am not concerned about the band getting thinner to maintain volume, just the elongation along the x-axis. Any ideas? Thanks

Create the band with a parameter for the straight length (I assume center-to-center distance).

Animate Parameter in studio (change the length longer or shorter).

So it is really a fudge - not really stretching but changing the actual length to represent stretching.

Thanks again. I'll test that in the morning (hopefully) once I finish the animation with the cranes.

I also meant to ask, am I able to suppress constraints during the animation so they have no effect after or before a given time range?

Sorry, this is kinda dumb; I can't figure out how to get the parameter accessible in the assembly. What do I need to do to make the parameter adjustable in the assembly?

Sorry, but I'm still lost on how to get the parameter of a part into the favorites of the assembly. Could you give me quick guide on that transition? It's been digging into my nerve for the past week.

Thanks for all the help!

I'm stuck again with stretching the parameters in animation. I got the favorite parameter assigned to the PulleyCable parameter and it animated fine when it had no constraints. But once I secured on end to the pulley wheels it got stuck and will not operate now. I'm trying to use the parameter to move the hook assembly, just as if it were the cable operating it. Could anybody tell me how to allow the parameter to animate with a constraint still applied? Thanks!

CranePart2.zip

CranePart 5.zip

CraneMainAssembly.zip

CranePart3.zip

CranePart4.zip

CranePart1.zip

Ok, I constrained it as you noted and had only one vertical dimension with the opposite as just a following line. When I applied the parameter to favorites in the ipt and then to an iam I placed it in for a demonstration it works perfectly. But when I put it into the CraneTop file from yesterday (and I have removed and replaced the pulley cable more than 5 times), it works ONLY when no constraints are holding it to the pulley wheels. The moment I constraint to stationary end of the parameter, it fails to operate, but ONLY in my existing files. I can get it to move the second pulley wheel in my demonstration file. Why is this error occurring only in certain files? If I have placed the same file with a favorite parameter multiple times in the same assembly does this cause a problem? I noticed that when I installed the CraneTop assembly a second time in the overall plans and referenced the parameter, it seemed to still refer to only on parameter; are every instance of the pulley cable's parameter synced? I am stressed for time and cutting corners on this part but badly need the parameters to animate with constraints on another item later today. Thanks again for all your help.