Contour roll problem

DRBJR45

Please help!

What i need to do:

1. Starting with a sheet of stainless, ga. Is set at .0625;

2. Bend into a simple 3 leg channel per attached pdf;

3. Roll a length of the channel to radius per pdf;

4. Bend remainder of channel at angle per pdf;

i have attempted to accomplish this by first using "contour roll", but im at a loss as how to add the final section at needed angle.

I have attached a drawing in pdf showing the dims for the channel and the required shape of the finished part.

I also included the work i have done so far in inventor 2012.

I really need an expert to help me out with this......thanks in advance!!!

Don

CONTOUR ROLL PROBLEM.ipt

CONTOUR ROLL PROBLEM.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

OK gang,

i've fixed my problem! What was happening is my reference plane was being "consumed" during my building process......when you "unroll" a contour roll part, a reference plane is used, try it and you will see, anyway, when i added flanges to BOTH ends of my rolled part the reference planes got gobbled up..........

What I found: in the "application options" area of the software under the tab "part" there is a switch you can turn off (uncheck) that will stop inventor from "consuming" your vital reference planes!!!! i would add a screen shot to this thread except im new to using windows 7 and the old copy paste wont work like im used to........so check out your options settings.......

good luck!!

don