Filter Command and its uses

Sid0201

Ok so I'm new to the forum and I see people mentioning the filter command what does this do exactly? what are its uses? and how do I use it? :)

Cheers

Sid

This is used for advanced selections. Here you will find a tutorial on his usage.

Also, welcome to the Forum, Sid0201!

Regards,

Mircea

Type FILTER at the commandline to start it.

What it does is it allows you to select objects based on filters, such as All Objects on Layer S35. Or Mtxt Objects, that are 35mm high and Color Blue.

It's a more fleshed out version of QSELECT. Both of these commands are handy when you have lots of objects in your drawing and selecting them one by one is just not possible (or very very time consuming)

Type FILTER at the commandline to start it.

What it does is it allows you to select objects based on filters, such as All Objects on Layer S35. Or Mtxt Objects, that are 35mm high and Color Blue.

It's a more fleshed out version of QSELECT. Both of these commands are handy when you have lots of objects in your drawing and selecting them one by one is just not possible (or very very time consuming)

The shortcall for it is FI.

Additionally it allows you to save the selection filters which you create for use another time, which is very helpful.

Edited by Dadgad

Aaaaa cheers for the link msasu and the info tiger and dadgad....I could have done with this yesterday.....spend most of the day just highlighting crosses!!

thanks again fellas!

Additionally it allows you to save the selection filters which you create for use another time, which is very helpful.

Bingo. Plus you can save the *.log file of the selections for perfect migration or distribution among others. Good tip. :)

Bingo. Plus you can save the *.log file of the selections for perfect migration or distribution among others. Good tip. :)

Stykface after you brought this saved filter feature to my attention in your recent post, I immediately went into the FILTER dialogue box and set up about 10 different filters which I am now using regularly and really enjoying. Without those saved filters it got tedious having to make selections, of things which I do all the time. Thanks again for the headsup. :beer: