Mtext Placeholder

nicolas

Hi,

I am looking for a solution regarding mtext placeholders that are of extreme lengths compared to the actual text length. Is there a solution to make it more or less the same length as the text?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nicolas.

You can use the Defined Width in properties to enter a new value, or resize the field by using either of the blue grips on the non-justified end of the Mtext object. I know of no automatic way to do it, be nice if there is one, someone may know a way. You can also select a number of, or all of the MTEXT in your drawing and assign a universal value approximating what seems appropriate, then go back and fix selected ones on an as needed basis.

This is a fun fix....you can also explode all of the offending mtext, then selecting one at a time use the TXT2MTXT command which will fit the mtext box to the exact length of its defining content.

I greatly prefer mtext to text, so I have created a shortcall of TM, although if you have the commandline autocomplete suggestion turned on, then TX will get you there anyway.

and if you like manual work ...

in "text formatting" box (double click on existing text :) ), with ruler on, there are 2 arrows at the end of ruler....double click on them "returns" grips to the end of text (fixes the length). underneath the beginning of ruler, there are two more for width if needed, same procedure.

Thanks very much for all the info. This will be of great benefits as it has been an annoyance for too long. It will be good one day to have a compilation of all the numerous solution proposed here and there on this forum. It will surely be a powerful document, a sort of killer apps. Thanks.