Inserting blocks

Sid0201

Morning Fellas (& Ladies)

I am trying to insert blocks but in the command line it says invalid, if I copy & paste the block in it works fine but as soon as i try to use the insert command it will not work.

Probably useful to tell you that I have around 60 blocks each saved as a DWG file and all of them are saved in 1 folder so there is no other crap in there.

the thing that really baffles me though is the fact that after I have pasted the block in to the drawing, the insert command works for that block.

Sorry if this doesnt make much sense my head is mashed already and it was an eventful weekend to say the least....on a seriuos note any help is greatly appreciated!!!

one way forwards from here is to use design center to drag the block you want out of the holding drawing rather than using the insert command.

If Mark's links haven't made you realise, once you get a block definition in a drawing you will always insert that definition. If the block is not in the drawing a new definition will be sought from an external file. That is why copy/paste works but insert doesn't.