How to SCALE a drawing

paisis123

what is the proper way to scale a drawing?:glare:

The Lines that i have should be 3' ,not 3"

What is the correct way on to scale the drawing to the proper units? :x

Also is there any tutorials that any of you guys use for this subject?;)

i would like to learn more.:unsure:

Conventional wisdom these days is to draw everything FULL size in model space then utilize a paper space layout and one or more viewports. One should not be creating a drawing "to scale" as one would do manually on a drafting board.

Use can get your 3" line to equal 36" by using the SCALE command and a factor of 12.

Thank you very much for that. You should yell at the darn Companys when they give us OFF SCALE DRAWINGS. And they expect me to waste my time to figure how to correct it.....

You should yell at the darn Companys when they give us OFF SCALE DRAWINGS. And they expect me to waste my time to figure how to correct it.....

I wouldn't say they're "off scale" they're just a different scale. Civil work is typically done at 1:1 but their "1" is one foot, whereas in architectural drawings, "1" equals one inch. Don't scale them unless you have to, xref them in at a scale factor of 12.