Hot key Ideas

Mister Blonde

I am new to inventor and was wondering what kind of hot keys people use during an assembly. I feel like it would be very beneficial if there was a hot key for the 'apply' command while assigning constraints. Is this possible? I am using a 3dconnexion spacemouse pro and I have not had any luck with this yet.

As far as APPLY goes, I usually just use enter. With the Spacepilot, though, you should be able to assign the keys however you like.

How do you like the Spacepilot? I've got a first-gen Spacepilot right now that I brought in to work myself, and the boss finally ordered us each a Spacepilot Pro this morning.

I love the functionality of the space pro, supper smooth and buttons are easily reached. I've only had it a week now, but I don't know how I did anything with out it now. I am having difficulty assigning some of the buttons though. First, do not use the software that comes with it to assign the keys, instead use the Add-Ins tab and customize buttons feature inside of Inventor. I learned this the hard way, after calling 3dconnexion apparently inventor will overide any custom key buttons you program with the 3dconnexion software.

The other problem I am having with it is assigning major keys, such as delete and return. I am trying to program those for the alt button and the F button. for some reason it lets me, but then they do not work. I'm stumped with this.

Does anyone else have any hot key ideas they use that come in handy? Or has anyone had any of these issues with the Spacemouse Pro?