Multiline text

Shane Cawthorn

Hi, i am new at autocad.

I have been using the multiline text quite successfully.

When i was playing with inserting tables, i rotated my text in the tables.

Now when i use my multiline test on my plans they also automatically are set up vertically and not horizontally anymore.

Where can i rectify this. On the properties the rotation angle is set at 0 degrees.

Thanks

I have attached an image of the QUICK PROPERTIES palette relating to the selected MTEXT. You can set the DIRECTION variable from the dropdown menu there, or likely in your PROPERTIES as well.

text orientation.jpg

Edited by Dadgad
graphic added.

Now when i use my multiline test on my plans they also automatically are set up vertically and not horizontally anymore.

If you are using an SHX font for your text style and the "Vertical" option is cheked than this may be the reason that your strings are "set up vertically".

Regards,

Mircea

Then I suggest that you change that style, or if you need it for your tables, then you could start anther style specifying that the text direction is horizontal. Or if you click into that dropdown menu field which I have circled in red, you can override that to either vertical or horizontal, independent of the style. You could for instance have a HORIZONTAL and a VERTICAL styles set.