Sad state of affairs

Leszek

So, it's very unfortunate that I have to come to the internet to find an answer to this question.

It's unfortunate that I need to ask for help.

It's unfortunate that I can not do my work until I get an answer to my question.

I have downloaded and installed AutoCAD Architecture Student Version 2012 64 bit version.

Currently in my Ribbon, Home, Inquire menu (is it a menu or tab or what?) I only have the ability to measure distance and area. I need to measure angles. I have waisted the past hour trying to figure this out to no avail.

I have a couple questions,

1. How do I turn that option on? so it is selectable?

2. Who was the genius who decided this tool was not important enough as to be selectable in the download version?

I wish the developers at AutoDesk could appricate the frustration that comes with creating incredibly counterintuitive software.

please anyone?

p.s, other people with other versions of Autocad 2012 have menus in different places with different options. Thus their solutions don't work with mine.

You will need to dimension the angle between the two lines/objects.

Use the 'DIM' then 'ANG' in the command line or find the dimension angular icon in the ribbon.

Good luck!

I believe the OP is refering to the Ribbon for Inquiry > Angle, not "How to Dimension an Angle"

Sounds like someone has altered the CUI. You can easily add them back through the CUI.

You should have a small arrow to expand the list, can you post some screen shots?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33649[/ATTACH]

You could just use the command _MEASUREGEOM

Command: _MEASUREGEOM
Enter an option [Distance/Radius/Angle/ARea/Volume] <Distance>: _angle
Select arc, circle, line, or <Specify vertex>:

AutoCAD MEP 2011 has this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33652[/ATTACH]

I'm not surprised. :ouch:

Still, open the CUI and add them in about two minutes. looks like someone got lazy setting up ribbon defaults on the verticles. :roll:

Edited by SLW210

I have downloaded and installed AutoCAD Architecture Student Version 2012 64 bit version.

2. Who was the genius who decided this tool was not important enough as to be selectable in the download version?

I wish the developers at AutoDesk could appricate the frustration that comes with creating incredibly counterintuitive software.

1. The student download version is the same as the commercial version - only the terms of use are different.

2. Where is your professor?

3. As a student preparing for the future I might suggest you learn Autodesk's next-generation product for Architectural design - Revit Architecture rather than AutoCAD.

I already use revit, thanks guys, How do I set up my CUI? This is now 2 days and counting. Please remember, I'm a autoCAD beginner, I don't understand the abbreviations.

What do you mean by "setup your CUI"? Are you attempting to do some customization?

Changes to the CUIx can be made via the Ribbon by clicking on the Manage tab and looking for the Customization panel. Click on the User Interface icon. STOP! Do you actually know what it is you are doing?

Here's a demo showing how to add a tool to the Ribbon in AutoCAD. You're using ACA, so the panels may be a little different, but hopefully this will help understand the procedure.