Viewport scale and annotative text

sammyteacake

Hello there, please forgive the fact I've started a new thread on this topic but I can't get this to work the way I want it to so I must be doing something wrong...and I can't find an answer anywhere...

I have successfully created one drawing using annotative dims and text - I have set my text to 1:1 scale, height = 30 in paperspace (although I don't get what this refers to when it automatically says it's 30 in modelspace too) and my viewport is 1:20 scale. It's all good, the dims and text look great, which is what I want at the end of the day, however I got there.

But, when I want to set up another detail at 1:40 scale, I can't for the life of me figure out how to make the same dim and text style appear the same size as it was for the 1:20 detail.

I'm coming up against a deadline now - can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction so that I can get this detail done!!?!

Everything will be so hugely appreciated!

Text and dimensions can have one or more annotative scales applied to them based upon the scales of the viewports they will be displayed in. So, some of your text and dimensions will have both 1:20 and 1:40 scales assigned to them.

If you're using Annotative objects, they need a scale for each scale which they need to display.

You can do it manually from the Properties Palette, or select the dimension and use the Right-Click menu to add current scale, or there's a button beside the scale list in the status bar to "Automatically add scales when the annotative scale changes" if you want all annotative objects to display at every scale you use.

If you're using Annotative objects, they need a scale for each scale which they need to display.

You can do it manually from the Properties Palette, or select the dimension and use the Right-Click menu to add current scale,

Right-Click then select what? Propeties? So same as method 1?

how to add a scale while the ratio is not listed?

You right click and pick Annotative Object Scale

To add a scale not listed you will first edit the annoscale list with SCALELISTEDIT command or the lower right drop down for annoscales.

I am using acm2012. Can't find "Annotative Object Scale" in Right click poped up menu.

SCALELISTEDIT is cool.

can't find "annoscales" either.

thx

If the object(s) are annotative, when you select them and right-click, you should see a menu similar to the image below.

Text Height = 30 seems very large for Annotative text?

As always, posting a drawing almost always yields the fastest and most complete answers.

Anno.jpg

I am using acm2012. Can't find "Annotative Object Scale" in Right click poped up menu.

It isn't in Mechanical but it can be added through the CUI. (Shortcut Menus, Mtext Object Menu, see below for image.

can't find "annoscales" either.

It was already mentioned, but that was just my lazy way of typing annotative scales.

mtext short cut menu.png

yeah, know "annoscales" now. Just click the little down arrow on the right of it and then customise to run SCALELISTEDIT.

what's the command for "Add Current Scale" ? I need to find the command name first, then create this sub-menu item in CUI.

Thanks all.

• 4 years later...
If the object(s) are annotative, when you select them and right-click, you should see a menu similar to the image below.

Text Height = 30 seems very large for Annotative text?

As always, posting a drawing almost always yields the fastest and most complete answers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33731[/ATTACH]

OK, so nobody has answered this specific to the right click menu missing Annotative Object Scale. Yes, I'm using Mechanical Desktop. See screenshot of there not being the option Annotative Object Scale in the right click menu ...

HELP ME!

Annotative.jpg

OK, so nobody has answered this specific to the right click menu missing Annotative Object Scale. Yes, I'm using Mechanical Desktop. See screenshot of there not being the option Annotative Object Scale in the right click menu ...

HELP ME!

The text you have selected is not annotative so there will not be an option for annotative scales in the right click menu.