figures disappear when moving cursor

JMtB

New to CAD, so probably typical newby problem. When I try to draw (in Nanocad, since it's the only one I can afford) I don't see what I'm doing, i.e. the lines and figures keep disappearing when I move the cursor. Trying again I see my drawings very briefly and then they're gone again. Tried all and every button, menu etc. and hardware is okay. I'm clueless here, and Nanocad siet does not respond.:cry:

I'm sorry, it is difficult to describe. Say I draw a line with my mouse/cursor. I then see the line being drawn, but when I release the mouse button the line is gone.

Say I then draw another line. Same thing, but during drawing I see the first line as well. But when releasing the mouse, all gone. It must be some setting although I cannot imagine for whom such a mystery mode could be usefull.....

Thanks for trying to help out.

I know that in AutoCAD one could draw a line and have it seemingly disappear if the layer is turned "off" but the lines that were previously drawn do not display as one is drawing a new line. Maybe in NanoCAD they do?

• 1 month later...