Viewport

dsibbo

I have a problem with a drawing when inserting a viewport. The drawing is from a client and on the model space the building appears to be in straight and looks correct. However when I go over to Pspace and insert a viewport the model is shown to be rotated at a crazy angle. Can anyone tell me how I can draw the viewport or change the setting so that it shows exactly how it is in model space.

Thank you

In your View Manager you can save the existing settings in the modelspace as a NAMED VIEW. In fact if you open your VIEW toolbar and check, you may find that a view has already been set up and saved. After you create your Viewport you can double click into it and set your view from the drop down view list. In order to change the view in a viewport it will need to be unlocked, and once you have set it how you want it, you should lock it so that it stays that way.

view manager.JPG

name your new view.JPG

My guess is that the UCS is twisted in modelspace to make the object appear "straight. Does the compass around the viewcube in ModelSpace line up with the "cube" or does it look like this

Twisted.jpg