AutoCAD settings changed and cannot go back to default. Please help

andymai

Hi all,

I have been using autocad for many years but have never experienced this situation before. I have received a simple Electrical layout file from a consultant, after opening this file my settings in AutoCAD changed, for examples the snap angle to the cursor changed to 337.18 degree, the selection box (pick box) went to maximum and a few other settings also changed. I had to manually go back to the options and change some of the settings back to what I normally have which is very much similar to default settings. But I could not change everything back to normal. I had AutoCAD 2010 and later installed 2012 to see if it would fix the problems. What surprised me is that when install fresh AutoCAD 2012, the default settings is now changed to the settings that has changed in my previous AutoCAD. I posted the CAD file here if anyone has experienced this or would know the answer, please help me out. I would like to change the settings back to normal.

Many thanks

MBBT Dien Lau 1.dwg

It sounds like AutoCAD 2012 migrated the settings from 2010.

As would generally be expected, or desired, an excellent observation.

Thanks guys for the prompt answers. I forgot to attach the xref file. What happened with me was that I was using autocad 2010 for 2 years and there was not any problem until I opened this file then the settings changed. After not being able to go back to the normal setting then I installed autocad 2012. So the incidence happened before I had autocad 2012. Please try again. Thanks

Xref MB Bo Tri Lau 1.dwg

Same story here, I see nothing unusual, nor is my system doing anything weird. Do you understand that the settings which you were unhappy with have been migrated from your 2010 install to your fresh install of 2012?

Dear Dadgad,

After looking through the web and some other comments from the web, I went back to the folder that I received from the consultant, I've just realised there is a suspected file called acad.fas which I have never seen before. As I speak, I am finding out that this is a type of virus that mess up autocad. Now, I dont want to send you the whole folder so that you will get infected. But please anyone know the way to get rid of this file and how to reset my autocad, it would be highly appreciated. If anyone has a spare computer with a spare autocad to try out to see what I meant please give me your email so that I can send the zip file. This forum doesn't allow me to send a zip file. Thanks again

Hi, dbroada.

Thanks however the virus in my folder is acad.fas and the lsp file in the folder is called acaddoc.lsp . This link show how to run and get rid of acad.vlx and logo.gif . Is this applicable in my case?

I found this link from another forum but the link in that thread is no longer existed. http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=78055