shortcut commands wont work

khair

Hi all,

one of the pc at my work place seemed to be working funny, compared to the other pc.

For example, the command CO won't work, but instead i have to type CC to copy. The command MA doesn't work at all, and i don't know how to match properties.

Along the way, there are other commands that I encounter before. Basically, it jus feels funny for this PC.

Is there any way to restore every single setting without re-installing the autocad?

It sounds like whoever usually works at that station has changed the default shortcalls. Are you sure that you want to change them back? Are all of the workstations meant to share shortcalls?

If you are authorized to make changes on this machine, and sure that you want to, it is pretty easy.

If you just need to change a few of them you can use the ALIASEDIT command, or if you need to change them all do the following.

Starting in your menubar TOOLS > CUSTOMIZE > EDIT PROGRAM PARAMETERS.

That will open your acad.pgp settings.

Look at the attachment. If you want to you can copy and paste all of the USER DEFINED COMMAND ALIASES from the computer which you want to be the standard into the acad.pgp file of the computer which you want to standardize. Be careful to paste them into the correct place, as shown. You can delete the USER DEFINED COMMAND ALIASES which you want to get rid of before you paste in the shortcalls which you want to be installed on the noncompliant computer.

acad.pgp user defined aliases.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

Hi all,

one of the pc at my work place seemed to be working funny, compared to the other pc.

For example, the command CO won't work, but instead i have to type CC to copy. The command MA doesn't work at all, and i don't know how to match properties.

Along the way, there are other commands that I encounter before. Basically, it jus feels funny for this PC.

Is there any way to restore every single setting without re-installing the autocad?

Are you running AutoCAD LT 2011 on the problem computer? ALIASEDIT is an Express Tool and not available in LT.

You should be able to get by with running a REPAIR or copy the acad.pgp from a computer that has the default shortcuts.