Help asap ortho

Jason1981

I am running AutoCAD 2012 and i am having a problems with drawing a line ( I am not a beginner, so its kind of funny). The problem i have with it, i have changed some settings and i can't remember what i changed. But i was looking for someone to help me change it back.

First let me explain what i am talking about. Once i am in front view and trying to drawing a line vertical and with ortho on, it will not allow me to draw a line vertically either up or down, only horiztonal. It looks like to me that ortho is lock on top ortho only.

Really need to fix asap as i am a contractor and cant do anymore work.

HELP

Are you navigating with your VIEWCUBE? Try using your VIEW toolbar to select your FRONT view, and I think you will be okay, as it will change your UCS and thus allow you to draw as you wish.

As I just noticed that you are on Autocad 2012, you can use the VIEWPORT CONTROLS in the upper left hand corner of your modelspace, setting any orthogonal perspective either there, or on your VIEW toolbar will reset your UCS temporarily, enabling you to draw as you wish.

Could it be that your UCS is not set to "World"?

Use the command

UCS, World

then

PLAN, World

Those options will just place the view/UCS back to PLAN.

I believe he needs UCS>View to use ORTHO in the FRONT View.

or follow Dadgad's instruction's.

Are you navigating with your VIEWCUBE? Try using your VIEW toolbar to select your FRONT view, and I think you will be okay, as it will change your UCS and thus allow you to draw as you wish.

As I just noticed that you are on Autocad 2012, you can use the VIEWPORT CONTROLS in the upper left hand corner of your modelspace, setting any orthogonal perspective either there, or on your VIEW toolbar will reset your UCS temporarily, enabling you to draw as you wish.

Those options will just place the view/UCS back to PLAN.

I believe he needs UCS>View to use ORTHO in the FRONT View.

Yep, chalk it up to reading comprehension on my part.

i dont think it is the ucs setting, i can draw the line in all direction in the free orbit. it is only when i am in the front/right/left and back view. This is strange.

I'm not going to rewrite post #3 all over, but if you haven't tried it in one of those ways? Please do. If you already have then I stand corrected. How you are accessing your different view perspectives may well be the key to the solution that evades you.

If you are trying to navigate your perspectives with the VIEWCUBE you will continue to have a problem. Try navigating the perspective views on your VIEW toolbar, or VIEW palette on the ribbon, or use the VIEWPORT CONROLS in the upper left corner (Autocad 2012) of your modelspace. Change it to display FRONT instead of TOP, and you should be good to go, for drawing and working on the FRONT. Reset your view there if you want to work from another perspective.

Or you might want to enable DYNAMIC UCS.

Edited by Dadgad