Problem with printable area

myself

Does anyone here had a problem trying to change the printable area of custom paper sizes?

I've plotter that allows me to create 5 custom paper sizes for each pc3 file, however after create them, i cant always access to change their printable area, you know adjusting their margins, and the strange thing is that this error doesn’t happen all the time,sometimes after a while trying they work, but just for a couple of times, after that the problem remains.

autocad.png

To be more clear, you can see on the image that it doesn’t recognize the custom paper size i have selected, however it works from time to time, allowing me to edit those margins, and after save them, they work just fine and i can use those paper sizes with no problems.

I've tried to edit the pc3 file through windows, and a message appears saying that an unknown error has occurred.

anyway... if you have any clue why this is happening i would be more than happy to solve this annoying situation.

thank you guys...

Edited by myself

• 4 years later...

This is the closest thread I've seen that is similar to my problem. I received an AutoCAD file in which the paper space has page setup printable area as 24 x 36. I want to change it to another size being 11 x 17. I selected the proper printer for my desirable print size, paper size and orientation. When I ok the dialog box, the printable area remained the same, 24 x 36, it would not change. I tried this in another file that I already have in my computer and the printable area changes with no problems. It's the particular set of files I received from another office in which the printable area remains the same as it came to me, no matter what other page setup sizes I select. Could this be some kind of setting somewhere that the previous user made before it was sent from his office? Is it possible that the printable area can be locked and will not change until it is unlocked? I have never seen this problem before.