wht is differance between Auto CAD and Civil 3D

afrazawan

i want to know difference between both auto cad and civil 3D why we are using 3d and CAd thanks hurry pls give me brief details on it both application

AutoCAD is the basic software package. All the other flavors are built on top of it, including Civil 3D. To put it another way, if you buy AutoCAD, you get vanilla AutoCAD, and that's all. If you buy Civil 3D, you get vanilla AutoCAD as well as functionality to handle civil engineering situations such as grading, road design, pipe networks, and profiles. As a result, Civil 3D costs more.

If you want more details, tell us what sort of details.

i want to know suppose wht is importance of auto cad civil 3D please separate it.is civil 3D is good application as compare to auto cad im working in Road-Bridges-Pipe Line work company so how it is working like auto cad or its depend on specific data which is taken by surveyor by GPS or others please

C3D runs on top of vanilla AutoCAD with tools optimized for the civil field. You still have access to all of the AutoCAD commands.