2010 and 2012 Programs

CADLee

I am a student and have AutoCAD2010 student version on my computer now. I want to put the student version of 2012 on it.

I was wondering if having these two programs on the same computer would conflict with each other.

Does anyone have ideas or anyone ever do anything like that before.

And if there is a conflict, is there anyway to get around it so there is no conflict.

Any help would be highly appreciated

Thank n Yall Kindly

There isn't all that much of a difference between the two programs and they both save to the 2010 file format so I would uninstall 2010 then install 2012.

I did not want to uninstall the 2010 cause it is under a student license. I had trouble getting it back once when i changed laptops and i dont want that to happen again. i am just wondering if they can both be on the computer at the same time withouht any conflict. when i want to run and use the 2010, its there.

WHen I want to run the 2012. its there as well.

all i was asking. i dont wnat to replace the one with the other.

I could see where there might be a conflict of sorts but you would be well advised to inquire at AutoDesk before proceeding.

I agree with Remark, best check with Autodesk about that. There's nothing that 2010 will do that 2012 won't as far as I know, so I don't see what advantage there would be to having both.

I've had multiple versions installed on my system at the same time ( right now I have 2012 and 2011 installed) without any apparent conflicts, but honestly I almost never use the earlier version.

I have 2 licenses, but they are on two different machines. 2007 on one, 2010 on the other. The only advantage you might have is in the very beginning to make sure any customization migrated correctly. After that, the old one (or rather, the one you don't use) is just taking up hard drive space.

I have 2011 and 2009 loaded on my work computer, I have had no conflicts as of yet. The reason that I keep 2009 on there, is for one reason and one reason alone. Plotting to PDF. For some reason when I plot to PDF in 2011, the PDF is all washed out. This does not happen when I plot to PDF using the 2009 version. I have not figured this out as of yet, still trying, but have not had any success as of yet.

If I did not need 2009 for this reason, it would have been long gone.