dwg to ? for the web

leaf

a problem I have is that all my design drawings (they are 2d line and colour , some 3 colour others 10+colours,:oops: mainly surface patterns and not arch/eng. drawings) ok so I should've learnt illustrator! but i am lazy over 50 and acad has been with me for 20 years+

...........20 years, so what the hell is a person asking such a question?!

to convert a dwg for the best quality for a webpage.......do I convert to a gif, jpeg, pdf for a small file size to be read by all comp users not just acad users?

Yep, just checked. You're right.

JPG or PNG then? And it isn't a matter of "conversion" per se. It's a matter of capturing the image in the required format. For example, in Windows 7, there is a "Snipping Tool" that saves to the PNG file format. I use it quite often and I am pleased with the output.

My coin toss indicates PNG but I do not publish to the web. I mainly use that format to display images of AutoCAD drawings I post here at CADTutor. I think we need someone more knowledgeable than myself to answer your questions regarding what would work best for a webpage.

so the png goes down to a small kb file? you think this is the best way to go rather than more easily read files like gif or jpeg?

I would have to run a test to answer that question.

thankyou Remark...........i've just done some tests dwg to pdf......the quality is top notch but the file size is huge.............png isn't viewed by all servers, so its doing some more research and testing.......thankyou again

i thought a dwf file can only be read by people who have a dwf reader on their machine

The DWFX format can be read by current versions of IE with out the DWF viewers installed. You site vistors using FireFox or any other browser may be SOL. :(