Scaling Components to Matching Scales

AutoNub

Hello.

I've enlarged a component by dragging the mouse to the desired size (by visual inspection). I have a second (similar) component I'd like to scale to be the exact same size, but I'm not sure of the easiest way to do it. I'm thinking there must be a way to reference the scale of the first component to match its scale with the second component.

Thanks in advance for the instructions!

It usually is not a good idea to scale something "visually" (ah....close enough).

Try using the SCALE command with the REFERENCE option.

If you had made a copy of your original component and put it temporarily off to the side, then did your visual scale, you could refer back to the original and pulled measurements from specific points and used the scale/reference on your next component. The key is making that copy to work with until you get your desired result, then deleting the extra.

Yeah, that is what I've been doing, Quik&Easy, but the process can be time consuming. I was hoping there was a way to simply type in a number to automatically adjust the scale of a highlighted item (the number matching the number representing the scale of the reference component). This might be the reference option ReMark is referring to in his post, but I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks for the replies :)

I believe you will find that it IS the reference option, and if I understand your question, once you know what that reference number was, you'll be good to go. For instance, if a segment was 2", and it is now 8.75", that will be the reference scale you will use on all the rest. You'll have to enter it for each component you want to scale, I think, once you get it highlighted. I may automatically show up as the last reference used; I haven't tried it to see if it does.

• 2 weeks later...