AutoCAD Music and Sound Effects

AutoNub

This is what AutoCAD is missing... good music and sound effects (low or high pitch clinking or smashing when joining objects based on object sizes, etc). Entertaining sounds would make these 9 hour days go by a lot faster... good thing for the internet! :P

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jack_O'neill

• DANIEL

• Dana W

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah that would be good. My system here at home plays Warner Brothers "that's all folks" in porky pig's voice as it shuts down, and Rod Serling's Twilight Zone intro as it boots up.

This is what AutoCAD is missing... ...sound effects when joining objects....

You need a modern CAD program like Autodesk Inventor for that.

Constraining Objects.png

Be careful what you wish for!

My system plays Homer Simpson - Excellent!

!

Does Autodesk have a system like Google Adwords? You get a small fee for every time that response appears in a thread? :rofl:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33797[/ATTACH]

Be careful what you wish for!

My system plays Homer Simpson - Excellent!

That is pretty cool!

Which particular 'Homer-ism' did you deem to be modern enough, if I might be so bold? :whistle:

Does Autodesk have a system like Google Adwords? You get a small fee for every time that response appears in a thread? :rofl:

I'm just having trouble finding the DEFAULT quick reply option on the site. No doubt if i had the full version of Inventor Professional instead of Fusion I could do it too. :beer:

There are available two DosLib functions DOS_WAV to play an existing sound file (already suggested in SLW210's link) and DOS_SPEAKER that will play a sound at a given frequency and duration, so can create your own sound effects.

Regards,

Mircea

I have a marvelous device sitting off to the side that plays music no matter what program I'm in, or even if nothing is running on my computer at all....it's called a "radio" :rofl:

I have a marvelous device sitting off to the side that plays music no matter what program I'm in' date=' or even if nothing is running on my computer at all....it's called a "radio" :rofl:[/quote']

I was expecting you to say Victrola, terms like '78s' were coming to mind. :beer:

I was expecting you to say Victrola, terms like '78s' were coming to mind. :beer:

I actually thought about it...as well as "record player" and "stereo" but I was afraid the youngsters among us wouldn't know what I was talking about.

I actually do own a couple of mp3 players but don't tell anybody, ok?

i have an 8 track sitting next to me .......

I got one of them too! Albums were better back in those days...they had to be. You couldn't pick just certain tracks to play, you had to listen to the whole thing, so the whole album had to be good if they wanted to sell any of them.

I got one of them too! Albums were better back in those days...they had to be. You couldn't pick just certain tracks to play' date=' you had to listen to the whole thing, so the whole album had to be good if they wanted to sell any of them.[/quote']

unfortunately most of the 8 tracks themselves won't play any more but my player works lol, it also takes a bit for the tubes to warm up in the morning lol

unfortunately most of the 8 tracks themselves won't play any more but my player works lol, it also takes a bit for the tubes to warm up in the morning lol

ah, the good ol days. nobody thought anything of waiting for the tubes to warm up for the radio, you just planned around it. My family always listened to the Grand Ol' Opry on WSM (650 on your a.m. dial) when I was growing up, so one of my chores for Saturday was to make sure the radio was on and ready to go before the show. It would take about 30 minutes for it warm up properly and stop drifting up the band. If I was late getting it done, I had to sit near the radio and chase the station as it warmed up.

For the youngsters in the crowd, the AM broadcast band has a number of frequencies assigned as "clear channel" stations at night so that people in far flung communities could have clear reception with little or no interference. These stations had a 50,000 watt authorization, where all the other stations were 1000 watt "daytimers". The wavelength was approximately 200 meters, so at night you could hear them all over the country, especially in the winter. In the daytime, range was very limited. These stations brought news, music and all that stuff to the masses.

Speaking of the Opry and such...did you hear that Earl Scruggs has passed away?