About limits

helpme

The only reason you will want to define limits is if you are willing to use grid for your drawing. Other you can skip this step.

For the second question I will say to load required linetypes, create layers for drawing elements, define text and dimension styles. Next create your axis grid. Draw everything at 1:1 scale and use Paper Space to fit drawing on the desired sheet.

Regards,

Mircea

You do not need to set limits. Just start drawing. You should probably use one of the supplied templates (files with extension ".dwt") that matches your units (imperial or metric).

As for what steps to take: that covers quite a bit of ground. Can you tell us what level you are at in AutoCAD?

I haven't used limits in the 4 years I've been using the program, just had to look up what they do, but I don't use the grid, perhaps if I did, I would.

Limits are unnecessary. Create some layer names that make sense, set Polar or Ortho on and start drawing the lower left corner of your plan at an even coordinate number, like 100,100 or whatever you find works for you.

Also, you will do yourself a favor if after setting those drawing features will save the drawing as a custom template (DWT); revise it as you gather experience with this kind of drawings.

Regards,

Mircea

I don't use limits - never have. (been using AutoCAD since '87 of the last century)

There was a time in the last century where maybe using limits would speed things up working on smaller areas of a large drawing with zooms. (you used to get a cup of coffee while waiting for a zoom to complete)